Senior Compensation Analyst
Job no: 495556
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Senior Compensation Consultant/Analyst will research job requirements and evaluate job positions for a designated group of internal clients to ensure the University is competitive in the areas of compensation. The Senior Compensation Consultant/Analyst will assist with the administration of competitive and legally compliant compensation programs; manage projects, prepare recommendations requiring a broad and thorough understanding of compensation techniques, methods, and practices.
The Senior Compensation Consultant/Analyst will assume a team lead role for a portfolio of internal clients. This position reports into the Director of Total Rewards.
- Lead process of annual salary administration programs, including salary structure creation, maintenance and development of incentive or salary increase budgets
- Maintains position descriptions & ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Interviews and surveys employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine exemption status and appropriate salary range.
- Performs the role of a subject matter expert and consultant for internal clients and works closely with client leadership and their HR Business Partners
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis, internal equity and market analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends. Prepares survey data submissions; works with survey providers to receive content.
- Manages a portfolio of clients. Acts as the lead Compensation subject matter expert. Works closely with client leadership, HR Business Partners, HR Service Center and Talent Acquisition to bring forth Compensation solutions and in driving resolution of Compensation issues. Keeps track of all incoming and outgoing projects and work and ensures timely completion within agreed SLA’s.
- Participate in special Total Rewards and/or HR projects in support of business objectives.
- Prepares documentation for compensation processes and looks for ways to streamline and improve processes.
- Ensures compliance with FLSA rules and regulations. Investigates and recommends resolution on classification questions and FLSA exemptions.
- Provides project leadership and performs related work on client, HR and University-wide projects and initiatives that require compensation expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years of compensation experience
- Master's Degree preferred
- Internal client facing compensation experience preferred
- Higher education experience preferred.
- CCP, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Good working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource laws, regulations and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work with managers and management to describe and promote University policies and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, project and time management skills.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
HR department is located atUniversity City Campus. This position will be remote.
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of L. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend