Development Associate - Engineering, Computing and Informatics, and Biomed
Job no: 495688
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Remote, University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Institutional Advancement, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel’s Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) supports the University’s mission and strategic priorities by generating philanthropic engagement and by building and strengthening relationships among alumni, students, faculty, staff, civic leaders, friends, and foundation and corporate partners. We aspire to create a sustainable and lasting culture of philanthropy at Drexel University by cultivating the next generation of leadership through volunteer initiatives and alumni engagement.
In alignment with Drexel University’s values and priorities, IA is committed to maintaining a flexible and dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; professional and career development; and collaboration and innovation across all our departments.
The Development Associate’s primary function is to enhance engagement and philanthropic support through virtual outreach to donors, alumni, friends, parents and faculty of the College of Engineering (COE), College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) and School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems (BIOMED). The Development Associate will play an important role in serving as a liaison between constituents and meaningful opportunities to give by assisting with all stages of the development cycle. The individual will also be responsible for attending alumni events to identify new prospects for COE, CCI and BIOMED. We expect the Development Associate to demonstrate a passion for Drexel University and a desire to make an impact on the future of the institution.
- Execute outbound touchpoints including virtual meetings with CoE, BIOMED, CCI constituents using customized one-to-one outreach to engage sub-$10K donors, reactive lapsed donors and acquire engaged non-donors.
- Refer major gift prospects to the Unit and work with the Assistant Vice President to achieve clear retention and reactivation goals.
- Serve as the “donor concierge” for the Unit by simplifying the donor experience, serves as a first response to calls to give or online giving, answers mail/notes/emails, shares impact stories and stewards current donors.
- Actively engage and build relationships with current donors and prospects to ensure that Unit prospects are engaged and managed effectively. Proactively monitor engagement to identify and launch initiatives that drive donations.
- Generate reports to be used to analyze program effectiveness, identify donor candidates for upgrade, and identify trends, using Blackbaud FPM and Advance.
- Work with the Assistant Vice President and Lead development offers in determining the strategy for personal outreach and stewardship as follow up on events and appeals.
- Gather story ideas, drafts content, and conducts research in support of development publications, case materials, articles and donor profiles as instructed by the Assistant Vice President or lead development officer.
- Draft correspondence such as event briefing documents, acknowledgements, proposals, proofreads and edits materials for accuracy and clarity.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience in a fundraising or non-profit environment.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to take direction from multiple avenues.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, and in a team environment in a fast-paced, deadline driven, environment and to juggle several projects at once with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook.
- Must have a broad knowledge of university policies and procedures to answer general questions.
- Valid Driver's License
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
Remote, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Non-Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend