Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor
Job no: 495726
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences (PTRS) at Drexel University seeks a talented and energetic individual to serve as Assistant Director of Clinical Education (ADCE) for its Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program.
About the Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences: The mission of the Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences is to advance the profession of physical therapy and rehabilitation sciences by providing exemplary education, research, service, and clinical practice. The Department has 15 core faculty including the ADCE and currently has an ongoing search for tenure track faculty. We also have four active emeritus faculty, more than 50 adjunct faculty, instructors, and lab assistants, and a well-established cadre of strong clinical instructors at sites across the United States. In addition to the DPT, we offer a PhD program in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, residency programs in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy and Pediatric Physical Therapy and operate a faculty practice at two sites. DPT student performance metrics including clinical education performance, graduation rate, and licensure pass rate are excellent. The Department is part of the Division of Health Sciences in the College of Nursing & Health Professions on Drexel University’s Center City Campus in Philadelphia. We are scheduled to move into a new state-of-the-art academic building, the Drexel Academic Tower, on Drexel’s main University City campus in mid-2022. In addition to benefiting from Drexel’s many resources, we will be located close to the University City Sciences Center, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, the University of Pennsylvania, Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania, and 30th Street Station. This is an exciting time to join the Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences and Drexel University.
- The ADCE is a core non-tenure track faculty member who assists the Director of Clinical Education (DCE) in leading the DPT clinical education enterprise with help and support from a full-time staff person, the Director of DPT Operations, and the Department Chair/Executive Director. The ADCE administrative position will be a primary responsibility of the successful candidate and account for about 25% of workload. Instruction of the DPT clinical education course sequence is shared with the DCE and separate from ADCE workload (teaching vs. administration). Remaining effort will be divided between other teaching, scholarship, and service to the Department, College, University, and-or profession. Expertise in neurorehabilitation, geriatric rehabilitation, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, pediatrics, and-or population health is of high interest for other teaching.
- PhD, Physical Therapy or related field
- Clinical education experience that gives the candidate an excellent understanding of DPT clinical education and its complexities
- Strong communication skills
- Evidence of teamwork and productivity as a member of a team
- Commitment to an evidence-based approach to clinical education
- Alignment with the mission and direction of the PTRS Department
- Pennsylvania physical therapy licensure or eligibility
- Post-professional degree or interest in obtaining one (i.e., PhD, EdD, DHSc, DSc, ScD)
- Direct experience as a DCE, ADCE, or SCCE
- Experience building and supporting academic-clinical partnerships
- Knowledge on current trends and discussions taking place nationally related to DPT clinical education and its future
Philadelphia, Center City
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Applications should include:
1. Cover letter that outlines the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and goals
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Brief statement of your teaching philosophy and interests with emphasis on clinical education.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend