Job no: 495740
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Kline School of Law, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University’s Thomas R. Kline School of Law seeks a creative and motivated Instructional Designer to join an established team supporting the Master of Legal Studies program and other academic programs at the Law School. The successful candidate will work directly with faculty, under the supervision of a senior designer, to design, develop, and innovate the Law School’s rigorous, highly interactive, asynchronous online courses. The designer will help manage course development processes, ensure accessibility, facilitate faculty onboarding, provide training in the learning management system and other learning technologies, and help faculty members fulfill their pedagogical goals by advising on the selection and best use of appropriate tools, media, and instructional technology strategies to align with course learning objectives and assessment goals.
The position reports directly to the Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Online Education, but will receive most day-to-day direction from the Senior Instructional Designer on staff. An ideal candidate will be creative, communicate professionally, orally and in writing, work well on a small team, and be willing to explore learning technology solutions to enhance online programs and courses. The position will begin as a remote position but may eventually become an on-campus position depending upon the geographic location and desire of the successful candidate.
- Work with Senior Instructional Designer to design, develop, and update asynchronous online and hybrid courses using proven, innovative, and effective learning strategies.
- Communicate with faculty orally and in writing to identify instructional technology tools and strategies to fulfill pedagogical goals and learning objectives.
- Assist faculty in scheduling and completing audio/video production.
- Ensure course development timelines, best practices, and processes are met.
- Ensure accessibility of content and courses.
- Design and manage faculty training live and asynchronously.
- Facilitate onboarding needs for new faculty hires.
- Assist faculty with instructional technology, as needed, during the teaching term.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience using and implementing learning technology in a post-secondary educational environment.
- Familiarity working within a learning management system such as Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.
- Master’s degree with emphasis or concentration in Instructional Design, Learning Technology, or Adult Learning.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a variety of audiences, including faculty and administrators.
- Familiarity with common media and instructional design software such as Adobe products (Creative Suite, Acrobat Pro, Captivate), Camtasia, and Articulate products.
- Familiarity with quality assurance rubrics/standards such as Quality Matters or OSCQR.
- Adequate knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office to format and design course materials and make them accessible.
- Project management experience.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend