Director, Policy Compliance
Job no: 495762
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University policies enable community members to teach, do research, perform job function, and study within the framework prescribed by local, state, federal and University regulations.
This role will:
- Serve as the point person on Drexel University’s policy development process by stewarding the management, oversight, publication and education of Drexel faculty, professional staff and students. Arranges and monitors the policy review schedule. Facilitates review to ensure all policies undergo a diversity, equity and inclusion lens.
- Support the work of the Policy Council in its responsibility to ensure the development, review, approval, and maintenance of University policies; make policies accessible to all members of the University community; ensure an efficient and transparent policy development process from inception through approval; and foster collaboration by engaging stakeholders across the University community.
- Maintain University policies, procedures, and standards consistent with relevant authorities and current best practices found at other universities.
- Increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness by overseeing a policy development process that remains transparent and produces a comprehensive, timely, consistent, and relevant set of policies covering key aspects of the University community. Maintains a repository of old versions of University Policies.
- Enhance the accessibility of policies in order to help increase compliance and reduce risk, including through the maintenance of an easy-to-use central repository. Manages the policy management system implementation and oversight, and the online policy website and ensures ease of use.
- Partner with University units and stakeholders on the need, drafting and development of policies as they progress through the policy process. Receives and answers inquiries related to University policies from stakeholders and members of the University community about the policy development process and facilitates timely responses.
- Manages day-to-day operation of the policy development process. Provides guidance and coordination in the policy process.
- Develops, conducts and manages the documentation and maintenance of policy training modules or University personnel using diverse media. Updates training at whenever material changes to the policy process occurs, working with Human Resources to ensure University-wide delivery.
- Communicates new policy to the University community in a timely manner. Develops and manages process for creating and delivering communication of the policy process. Coordinates awareness campaigns and incorporates policy process news and alerts in University newsletters and other University-wide communication media, tools and systems.
- Provides regular update of activities and initiatives related to University policies to VP-CCPO.
- Works with peers and other members of the Office of Compliance, Privacy and Internal Audit to ensure seamless interaction of the policy process with other department and Programs of the Office.
- Regularly updates job and industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, staying abreast of the policy process of other universities, and maintaining personal networks.
- Undertakes such other responsibilities as may be necessary or assigned.
- Master’s degree
- 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in policy management and leadership, including drafting, interpreting, and communicating policies with knowledge of the workings of laws and regulations.
- Strong confident, leader and motivator with a track record of being a resilient self-starter, who exercises sound judgment, effective collaborative strategies, and impeccable integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to adapt communication to audience. Experience interpreting and communicating legal and regulatory requirements in an effective and creative manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, time-management, and oral and written communication skills. Keen independent judgment.
- Experience making oral presentations of complex materials.
- Must be able to evaluate information and prepare briefings/summaries/reports, handle multiple projects simultaneously, maintain confidentiality, and work with diverse communities.
- Compliance program management experience a plus.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of N. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend