Instructor, Assistant/Associatate/Full Clinical Professor
Job no: 495788
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Drexel University Physician Assistant Program invites talented and energetic applicants for a non-tenure track faculty position. The priorities for this position will focus on assisting with clinical year student rotation coordination, clinical site communication and recruitment, local and distant site visits, with responsibilities in the didactic year including lectures and small group facilitation of seminar and labs, advising students, participating in the admissions process and in online teaching. Additional involvement will be divided between scholarship and service to the department, college and university committees and/or profession.
Applications should include 1) a cover letter 2) a curriculum vitae and 3) a brief statement of the candidate’s teaching philosophy and interests in PA education.
- This is a full-time, 12 month faculty position in the College of Nursing and Health Professions that includes didactic and clinical phase responsibilities, community service and scholarly activity. Salary and ranking of faculty appointment will be commensurate with professional experience and academic degree held.
- Master’s Degree, Health Sciences or related field .
- NCCPA current certification with eligibility for licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Clinical practice or PA education experience that gives the applicant an excellent understanding of PA education.
- Prior role as preceptor and/or didactic teaching experience is desirable.
- Commitment to evidence-based approach to education.
- Alignment with the mission of the Drexel PA program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Evidence of teamwork and productivity as a team member.
Center City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend