COVID-19 Accommodation Coordinator
Job no: 496095
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Enrollment Management and Student Success
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Accommodation Coordinator position is a one year, full-time, professional position in the Office of Disability Resources (ODR) at Drexel University. The Accommodation Coordinator of the Office of Disability Resources assists the Associate Director in interpreting medical documentation, and providing support for students seeking medical exemptions and accommodations related to COVID-19.
- The Accommodation Coordinator assists with creating student Accommodation Verification Letters, thus facilitating equal access to programs, services, and facilities for all Drexel University campuses.
- The Accommodation Coordinator also educates students about how to use their approved accommodations, and refers students to on and off COVID-19 campus resources.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of related experience OR One year of relevant work experience will be considered for candidates who have earned a Masters Degree in Disability Resources, Rehabilitation Counseling, Special Education, Psychology or a related field.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to problem solve with colleagues in ODR and assist individual faculty and staff in the provision of accommodations. Maintain confidentiality of student information and records.
- The preferred candidate will have a working knowledge of Section 504 and the ADAAA, as it applies to postsecondary education.
University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend