Instructor/Assistant Professor, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (non-tenure track)
Job no: 496269
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Drexel University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position, which may be filled at the rank of instructor or assistant professor, depending upon the candidate’s credentials. The major focus of this position will be to develop online and in-person Masters programs, with an initial focus on molecular cancer and health-related biotechnology. Successful candidates will be dedicated to teaching and enthusiastic about graduate curriculum development. The initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility of renewal. Candidates with research and teaching expertise in relevant content areas (cancer, molecular biology, biotechnology) are of particular interest.
Leading the establishment of new Masters programs, including: o Developing curricula o Coordinating faculty contributions o Program management and administrative duties
- Curriculum development and course instruction in both existing and new graduate programs.
- Coordinating faculty contributions.
- Program management and administrative duties.
- PhD or Doctorate, Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, or related field
- At least 1 year of prior experience in teaching, advising, and mentoring preferred.
- Commitment to teaching and service.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Evidence of innovative thinking, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Commitment to teamwork and the Department’s success/growth.
- Expertise in modern approaches to science pedagogy, including web-based content delivery.
Center City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend