Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor
Job no: 496335
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Other - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions (CNHP) has an opening for an exciting new faculty position. This faculty role engages in academic practice including teaching and scholarship, as well as administrative responsibilities at the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services. The 11th Street Family Health Services is a nurse practitioner primary care model developed in collaboration with the community which it serves, following the Sanctuary Model of Care. All staff agree and uphold the principles of the Sanctuary Model of Care. The commitments include non-violence, emotional intelligence, social learning, open communication, social responsibility, democracy, and growth and change.
Responsibilities at the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th St Family Health Services Center:
- Work closely with Associate Dean for Community-Centered Health & Wellness and Academic Integration to learn about 11th Street operations, personnel, partnerships, community efforts, and practice of cultivating a trauma-informed antiracist practice;
- Collaborate with Associate Dean for Community-Centered Health & Wellness and Academic Integration on establishing and executing 11th St center-wide goals;
- Oversee designated interprofessional programming initiatives, their assessment, and evaluation;
- Attend and participate in management/leadership meetings at 11th St and partner organizations;
- Collaborate with Associate Dean for Community-Centered Health & Wellness and Academic Integration regarding interprofessional initiatives that support community-defined needs;
Supervise 11th Street administrative co-op students employed at 11th Street;
- Engage in identified trauma-informed and antiracist initiative(s).
Responsibilities within the Academic Practice:
- Teach courses within nursing and/or health professions (12 credit load maximum) at CNHP as applicable;
- Participate in student mentorship and development (e.g., dissertation, capstone projects);
- Develop and disseminate scholarly work through professional organizations, community meetings and other outlets including helping to develop manuscripts for publication; and
- Develop grant applications to support the efforts at 11th Street.
- PhD or Doctorate
- Nursing or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Hold an active RN with licensure in the state of Pennsylvania
- Community and/or public health experience required (3-5 years);
- Executive/leadership experience required (3-5 years);
- Knowledge of trauma- informed care preferred;
- Knowledge of FQHC practices preferred; and
- Prior experience in primary care and/or behavioral health preferred.
Other – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend