Job no: 496340
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Medicine
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology is seeking to fill a faculty level position dedicated to teaching graduate students primarily at the Master’s degree level. This is a fulltime non-tenure track position. The successful candidate will provide instruction and help organize and administer both face to face and online sections of courses.
- The Department of Microbiology and Immunology is seeking to fill a faculty level position dedicated to teaching graduate students primarily at the Master’s degree level. This is a fulltime non-tenure track position.
- The successful candidate will provide instruction and help organize and administer both face to face and online sections of courses.
- Primary responsibilities include teaching Virology, as well as other courses in their areas of expertise or to meet departmental teaching needs in career-oriented Masters Programs in Molecular Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Immunology.
- Additional service responsibilities include course and curriculum development, working collaboratively with other faculty members and mentoring graduate students with respect to these three important Masters’ degree programs.
- Candidates must have a PhD or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required
- Expertise in Cell, Molecular Biology, and/or Biochemistry is needed, and a background in Virology, Gene Therapy and Immunotherapy and other aspects of Molecular Therapeutics is also preferable.
- Prior teaching experience, especially using a Learning Management System, is an important factor.
Center City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend