Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Function and Scope: The Associate Director of Undergraduate Career Services will assist in empowering LeBow undergraduate students to successfully pursue post-graduation plans and become well positioned to emerge as business leaders of tomorrow. This position plans, develops and executes career support programs to achieve student satisfaction, retention, effective transition from college to co-op and smooth transition from senior year to alumni ranks. The Associate Director of Undergraduate Career Services will cooperate with Drexel University’s faculty, administration, and external stakeholders in carrying out the strategic vision for LeBow College and Undergraduate Career Services. This position will be responsible for understanding, interpreting, and enforcing LeBow College of Business and Drexel University policy, while exploring career and professional options for students. Furthermore, the Associate Director position will help support and manage all areas of technology, systems, mass communications and reporting functions associated with Undergraduate Career Services (UGCS).
The Associate Director of Undergraduate Career Services reports to the Senior Director of Undergraduate Student Services and works closely with Academic Advisors, Career Services staff, Associate Director of UG Programs, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs/Director of LeBow BRIDGE and LeBow Academic Departments. The Associate Director will be a member of the UG LEAD team managed by the Associate Dean of Program Administration. The position will serve on College and University committees as assigned. The Associate Director will support in the development of the Career Advisor and help identify and hire adjunct faculty teaching career-related courses. This position will support other LeBow College staff with data related to curricular assessments and other programs aiming in improving college undergraduate rankings.
o Provide one on one advising sessions to undergraduate LeBow students
o Provide workshops and events to educate and prepare students for all aspects of a job search
o Increase the quality and number of co-operative education and starting full-time positions available to business students through job development
o Improve the landing rates and starting salaries for graduating seniors through improved career services including individual outreach
o Act as the subject matter experts to answer inquiries and resolve issues from both internal and external stakeholders
o Participate in the College’s Learning Communities, including sitting on the Business Learning Community’s Advisory Committee and providing resources and hosting events for such communities
o Plan, execute and host events throughout the year to engage LeBow alumni both in Philadelphia and other locations, including New York City, to connect alumni with current students
o Plan, execute and host events throughout the year to engage employers and promote the hiring of LeBow undergraduates
o Act in a supporting capacity for the LeBow Undergraduate Career Services Advisory Council, to ensure offerings are promoting employability of LeBow students
o Participate in College recruiting efforts including Open Houses and Accepted Students Days
o Partner and advise LeBow student organizations on event planning, promotion and execution of events
o Act as the advisor for student organizations, when appropriate
o Partner with department heads and faculty to ensure resources are in place for every student, regardless of academic area of interest, to promote future employability
o Serve on appropriate College and University committees
o Serve as a contact representing the College’s undergraduate career services program to constituencies within the University community
o Act as primary contact in the College to administer and manage the Exit Survey process with graduating seniors each term as well as provide analysis and reports based on data collected to be disseminated to the Associate Dean and other University departments including the Steinbright Career Development Center
o Partner with employers and alumni to ensure LeBow undergraduates have the skills necessary to be successful in the workforce and create programs to meet any gaps in student skill sets (EXCELerate series, for example)
o Join and participate in appropriate and relevant professional organizations to stay abreast of trends in the industry, learn best practices and network with employers to promote job development
o Assist in ensuring career services-related curriculum stays current with trends in the job market and has deliverables that will support students’ post-graduation goals
o Manage the career capstone course (UNIV B101 Part 2), including hiring and training of adjunct faculty, creating and maintaining courses in BbLearn, and revising course documents as well as co-teaching each section
o Participate in the UNIV B101 freshman course by creating and delivering career-related course content
o Partner with the Steinbright Career Development Center by creating awareness of LeBow Undergraduate Career Services offerings, including LeBow student organizations, during classroom visits to business sections of COOP 101
• Manage the Drexel LeBow College of Business Alumni Career Network
• Send out invitations to networking events to alumni from my personal email, not MailChimp
• Send out ranking survey emails to alumni from my persona email, not MailChimp
• Partner with Alumni Relations office to assist with career events via Brazen
• Serve as point of contact to connect with alumni for classroom visits, events, etc. and work closely with College Relations team
• Reminder and completion emails to senior population for SES
• Support LeBow offices with SES data and dissemination
• Alumni tracking for rankings data
• Support Dean’s Office with career learning assessment
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher is required.
- 5 years of related experience in a university career service setting is required.
- Familiarity with Drexel LeBow’s undergraduate business programs (traditional/online).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate with various stakeholders including students, employers, alumni, faculty and staff, and the ability to speak publicly to large groups .
- Commitment to outstanding service to customers (students, alumni, employers, faculty and staff)
- Able to work independently and take initiative in directing own work, as well as working efficiently and effectively with others.
- Masters Preferred.
- Experience with Banner, Hyperion, Blackboard Learn preferred .
- Possess a high level of subject matter expertise .
- Documented project management skills.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.