Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the daily operations and administration, curriculum management, and student advising for the CMGT program. The Program Manager reports directly to the Construction Management Program Director and serves as the Program Director’s primary assistant for faculty support and for the program’s strategic development, recruitment, and outreach. The Program Manager will assist with the evaluation of the graduate and undergraduate programs and will support the implementation of processes to improve program quality. Day to day, the Program Manager will ensure that the variety of functions essential to an academic program execute smoothly.
The CMGT Program Manager is one of three program managers in the department of Engineering Leadership and Society (ELS). The three program managers collaborate on operations and administration that affect the entire department, serve as support for each other, and represent the ELS department on COE and University committees.
- Support faculty in the delivery of online and face-to-face courses. This includes ensuring consistency, syllabus content, navigation, accessibility, A/V quality, technical troubleshooting, reserve requests, and collaboration sessions.
- Review course evaluations and continuously improve the effectiveness of the evaluation process. Use evaluation data to target under-performing courses and work with faculty to make improvements as necessary. Work closely with the staff and the Online Learning Council to implement best practices.
- Assist in the hiring and on-boarding of adjunct faculty.
Program Outreach and Recruitment:
- Measure and track retention rates for online and face-to-face students and develop appropriate strategies to improve persistence rates.
- Create and support marketing content, including presentations, handouts, literature, web copy, and Open Houses.
- Act as the Admissions Liaison, working closely with the College of Engineering Outreach and Advising Offices, Drexel Online, Enrollment Management, and Graduate Admissions. Evaluate all applications and make recommendations for Program Director.
- Develop Alumni communication and contacts by coordinating Mailings, Exit Survey, Graduation Gift, Commencement, Receptions, and more.
- Assign and coordinate classrooms for all face-to-face classes.
- Work with the Program Director to develop a schedule of course offerings that meet the needs of CMGT students.
- Serve as the administrative advisor to all B.S. Construction Management and M.S. Construction Management students as well as all students taking the CMGT minor and certificate programs from other majors. This includes orientation, communications, registration, plans of study, relationship building, graduation clearing.
- Coordinate and resolve all CMGT student issues, including probation, academic dismissals, and appeals. Review all student appeals and coordinate with the Program Director, Undergraduate Academic Affairs and the Office of Graduate Studies.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 2-4 years of experience is required.
- or advising experience in higher education and a working knowledge of academic programs.
- Experience with online course delivery and instructional design is a must, as well as having excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Preferably in a STEM or educational field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required, and experience with Blackboard, Banner, and Hyperion is strongly preferred.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.