Assistant Director of Clinical Practice & Facilities Operations
Job no: 496861
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Assistant Director of Clinical Practice & Facilities Operations performs a variety of functions related to facilities operations, including but not limited to perform quality assurance inspections of facilities, managing all maintenance activities and contracted services related to building services, maintenance and repairs. Maintaining compliance to building codes and inspections by AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) including but not limited to life safety codes and department of health. Additionally this position is responsible for managing all in-house unionized staff including but not limited to: maintenance mechanics, building engineers and custodial personnel. Additionally duties include supporting HSCO renovation and building systems projects. Position applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication skills to inform all levels of Administration of operation and building related issues. This position will be required to respond to campus emergencies 24 x 7 and participate in rotating “On Call Duties” which requires responding to HSCO On Call pager and or calls from DU Public Safety or others. This position will also be responsible for facilities related duties specific to the College of Medicine such as, management of all rental agreements associated with the College and oversight of the operations aspects of College projects such as building renovations, moves, equipment installations, etc. This position is considered “Essential Personnel” according to our University policy.
- Perform quality assurance inspections of facilities including all properties owned and operated by Drexel University and all leased space.
- Receive, generate and or review quality assurance inspection report and be competent in computerized work order systems such as TMA Work Order System and other systems as required.
- Ensure quality assurance pertaining to cleanliness, efficiency of building system operations, life safety and all other facilities related services.
- Generate appropriate reports, perform analysis to identify status of facilities, identify problems and underlying causes, and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Generate appropriate work order requests and re-occurring inspections, letters, reports and other correspondence as appropriate in order to document existing conditions and remediate unacceptable conditions.
- Maintain effective customer relations and communication with all Drexel University Departments and business associates.
- Manage unionized in-house work force and facilities contracted services on all three shifts.
- Manage within available operating budgets while working with the Business Operations staff.
- Assist with after hours and weekend emergency calls involving facility needs.
- When time permits, manage all rental agreements for the College of Medicine. Oversee the operations of College of Medicine projects such as building renovations, moves, equipment installations, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Typically standing, walking
Center City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of L. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend