Job no: 496869
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Enrollment Management and Student Success
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Assistant Registrar manages and maintains the Course Scheduling functions for the Main Campus division of the Office of the University Registrar; develops proactive business solutions with all academic departments and the Office of the Provost in adherence to course scheduling and initiatives; executes and manages CLSS and Platinum Analytics to work with academic department to predict and develop course offerings; works with the Associate Registrars and University Registrar to solve scheduling problems and work toward intelligent proactive solutions; works with all academic departments on Main Campus with respect to scheduling; manages time and resources as they relate to scheduling processes; analyzes and utilizes Hyperion reports and audits created by Academic information and Systems; ensures data integrity in Banner and provided Training and customer service to all academic departments with respect to all scheduling processes and future initiatives; plans accordingly for future goals and objectives as defined by the strategic plan in association to scheduling.
- Works operationally on all course scheduling for the entire University with respect to Course Leaf Section Scheduler (CLSS).
- Primarily functions as the department liaison for Course scheduling and training through CLSS by managing all CLSS functionality.
- Develops business solutions to departmental problems using CLSS.
- Manages the Opermail@drexel.edu email account.
- Manages all course scheduling operational email accounts and CLSS inquires.
- Manages the processing of all non-workflow tasks through CLSS.
- Manages the analysis and utilization of CLSS reports.
- Manages the Academic Services Learn site, for the departmental schedulers.
- Training and Customer service provided with respect to all course scheduling for department schedulers with CLSS.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- A Terminal Degree - such as a Doctorate, JD or Masters - is the minimum required education for consideration.
- At least 5 years of teaching in a higher education setting. At least 5 years of leadership experience within a higher education setting.
- Teaching and research experience that aligns with our college mission and vision and serves at least one major in our college.
- Experience using report-generation tools, such as Office365 and Hyperion Query.
- Expertise working with Ellucian Banner.
- Extensive knowledge of the Banner Student system and Scheduling module.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and self-motivation with respect to project management
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to function as a team player
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work alone or as part of a group
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Self-starter and takes their own initiative with respect to workflow design
- Experience in training and dealing with difficult personality types
- Understanding of database structures and database application techniques
- Ability to be creative and think “out of the box”
University City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend