Assistant Teaching Professor
Job no: 496898
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Westphal College of Media Arts & Design
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University is recruiting an Assistant Teaching Professor (two-year initial contract) in its undergraduate program in Music Industry at the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design. Applicants should demonstrate a knowledge of the global creative and entertainment industries with a specialty in music production, audio engineering and technology. Areas of teaching may include topics such as Digital Audio Workstations – Logic and Ableton, Music Production, Survey of Music Production, Introduction to Sound Recording, and Synthesis and Sampling. Candidates are not expected to have knowledge in all of the above categories but should have extensive experience in their field. An ideal candidate will be prepared to teach existing courses in the music industry curriculum, available online at https://drexel.edu/westphal/academics/undergraduate/MIP/Curriculum/. Also, they should be able to suggest new courses in their area of expertise, and will bring industry experience to bear on the courses they teach. Candidates will also oversee the technical equipment and facilities of the Music Industry Program.
- Teaching- Areas of teaching may include topics such as Digital Audio Workstations – Logic and Ableton, Music Production, Survey of Music Production, Introduction to Sound Recording, and Synthesis and Sampling.
- Service to College/Department/University: Support scheduling of MIP program courses Support MIP admissions and recruitment efforts Support live production for MIP events
- Responsible for oversight of the scheduling, operation, maintenance, and repair of eight program recording studios and two lab classrooms. Responsibilities include the following:
- Studio planning and design
- Manage MIP recording studio scheduling
- Provide appropriate access via C-Cure to MIP facilities
- Clean MIP studios
- Submit work orders for MIP facility maintenance
- Provide regular maintenance and testing of MIP recording studio equipment
- Identify, purchase, and install hardware equipment upgrades for MIP facilities
- Identify, purchase, and install software for MIP lab facilities
- Manage MIP Tech budget
- Provide tech support for MIP student studio recording sessions
- Provide remote tech support for MIP students
- Provide technical support and event coordination for MIP events
- Provide technical support and event coordination for MIP student lead events
- Manage student studio managers
- Assist in coordinating and providing support for FLUX! organization
- Assist in tours of MIP facilities
- Coordinate with and provide support for adjunct MIP faculty classes
- Provide MIP classroom A/V tech support for faculty
- Provide technical coordination of MIP Summer Camp
- Coordinate with and provide support for MIP guest lecturers
- Provide lab classroom tech support during DAW classes
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
University City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend