Job no: 496904
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University’s Center for Family Intervention Science (CFIS) has an opportunity available for a fulltime Research Assistant. CFIS is a large and growing research center focused on family based prevention and treatment of youth suicide. On the prevention side, we have several grants focused on screening and referral in medical, educational and behavioral health settings. Using a web based screening program (BH-Works.com), we have screened over 100,000 with a general 5% identification rate of youth needing urgent attention. This line of research also yields a very rich data set for young staff and faculty to publish. On the treatment side, we have developed and tested Attachment Based Family Therapy for the treatment of youth depression, suicide and trauma. This empirically supported treatment is used in behavioral health centers around the world supporting research on adoption, implementation and sustainability. Research staff in the center are usually assigned to one primary study but, are cross trained to help in other areas as well.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for assisting implementation of large-scale grant projects. This includes coordinating community networks or clinical trainings, data collection, data entry / evaluation, report writing, literature reviews, grant writing and publications. Other duties of this position may include:
- Assist in recruitment, consenting, and assessment of participants for various projects.
- Assist in assessing patient clinical outcomes.
- Assist with federally mandated data collection.
- Assist in managing dashboards and reporting requirements.
- Assist in data base development, data entry, data management and data summary.
- Administrative functions including ordering supplies, answering telephones, maintain files and records according to office procedures, and schedule and coordinate meetings and facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Public Health, Psychology, Social Work or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with the IRB process.
- Experience in data management and at least basic data analysis skills.
- Experience in public health / psychology / social work preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in diverse communities.
- Good writing skills.
- Works well independently and in a group.
University City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
This position is classified as non-exempt with a salary grade of F. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend