Adjunct - Psychology
Job no: 497269
Work type: Part-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Arts & Sciences
About the College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences (CoAS) delivers a time-honored liberal arts education paired with Drexel’s renowned focus on applied learning. Our research and scholarship explore contemporary issues with an eye toward improving the common good. With a breadth of disciplines in the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities, and a focus on the now, the College is the perfect home for curious scholars who seek to apply their learning in the service of humanity. Our undergraduate programs, Co-op experiences and Community-Based Learning courses give students a broad-based, hands-on education that prepares them to make an impact immediately. Our graduate programs take a rigorous yet practical approach to advancing knowledge. Our faculty members are dedicated teachers and gifted scholars who publish groundbreaking research on the world’s most pressing issues.
The Department of Psychology is a close-knit group that prioritizes student support and mentorship. Students in the BS in Psychology program learn how to frame and find answers to important questions regarding human behavior, cognition and emotion, while working alongside faculty who are leaders in the field. Within the psychology program, students have the option to focus in specific areas: Mind, Brain and Behavior, Human Development, or Clinical and Health. Faculty and students in the department work side-by-side on cutting-edge research and clinical projects in areas including health, forensics, neuropsychology, pediatric and child psychology, cognitive, human experimental, clinical psychology and more.
The Adjunct Professor’s responsibilities include reviewing and improving syllabi, understanding students’ needs, developing engaging lesson plans, and ensuring the relevant learning resources are available. You should also be able to evaluate student performance and address any issues promptly.
Under the direction of the Department Head and Academic Program Director:
- Develop and manage syllabus materials. The adjunct professor is responsible for selecting and compiling tests, assignments and/or online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to standardized learning objectives.
- Coordinate courseware and curriculum with academic program chair. The adjunct professor is responsible for reviewing any textbook and other courseware changes with the academic program director.
- Facilitate Class Instruction. The adjunct professor is responsible for teaching the assigned class in accordance with learning objectives and session plan outlines specified by the Department of Psychology.
- Evaluate Student Performance. The adjunct professor is expected to administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics. All course grades will be posted on the Learn Grade Center.
- Respond Promptly to Grade Determination. The adjunct professor should submit grades for any assignments, discussion board exercises, and exams and course completion.
- Input Final Grades into DrexelOne.
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in Psychology or a relevant academic field.
- Experience as an instructor, university TA or similar
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV and cover letter when submitting your application.
- Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend