Graduate Program Coordinator
Job no: 497336
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Engineering at Drexel University seeks a student-focused professional with knowledge of marketing trends and experience in higher education recruitment. Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Graduate Affairs and Recruitment, the Graduate Program Coordinator for graduate programs will manage activities for engagement and recruitment of prospective graduate students, they will coordinate and organize recruitment activities, both virtual and in-person, assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive graduate recruitment plan for the College and coordinate recruitment and marketing tactics. In addition, the Graduate Program Coordinator will collect data and produce annual activity reports and presentations. This position will be active in both domestic and international student recruitment activities, partner with the campus Office of Enrollment Management and Student Success, communicate with prospective students regarding university admissions processes and documentation requirements, and assist with general international services to meet the special needs and requirements of international students.
- Represent the College of Engineering professionally and ethically by engaging and participating at external domestic and international recruiting events, meetings, and conferences, including delivery of promotional presentations to diverse audiences
- Plan, schedule and engage in domestic and international graduate recruitment information sessions on campus and virtually in collaboration with faculty and departments
- Research and identify target markets and recruiting venues, analyze trends, and contribute to the strategic recruitment planning process to optimize quality applications and enrollment, with an emphasis on increasing the representation of underrepresented minorities in the College.
- Employ effective and professional marketing and communications skills, and generate and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain collaborative, cooperative relationships with key faculty and staff partners across campus, including Department Heads, program directors, and the Office of Enrollment Management and Student Success, to highlight all College graduate programs
- Coordinate with college marketing team to maintain the graduate webpages, develop promotional materials, and other promotional materials to assist in recruitment for graduate programs at the College
- Coordinate with third party organizations for recruitment and to collect and manage prospective applicant pool information
- Create annual report tracking effectiveness of recruitment efforts, trends and enrollment activities
- Collect and evaluate feedback and data to inform recruitment materials and campaigns
- Engage alumni in coordination with Institutional Advancement and grow a team of ambassadors to support recruitment activities
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, business, communications, international relations, related field or a STEM discipline is required.
- Two or more years of professional experience working in higher education and/or recruitment, with preference for experience in international student recruitment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Proven cultural competency and the ability to work well with a wide range of constituencies in diverse environments.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) to external events and professional meetings and ability and willingness to work non-standard/varied work hours as required.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend