Job no: 498136
Work type: Part-Time
Location: Other - See posting for details, Other - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, School of Education
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Site Director within the School of Education (SOE) will serve as a liaison between host schools and the University. Directors work collaboratively with mentor teachers in supporting and evaluating teacher candidates during Stage III and IV Field Experiences. It is the role of the Site Director to complete all required formal observations of the teacher candidate, including, but not limited to, formal and informal observations and midpoint and end of experience evaluations.
- Observe lessons and confer with the teacher candidate and the mentor teacher on a regular basis in order to plan experiences that will lead to the improvement of the teacher candidate’s performance in the classroom
- Provide regular feedback, including midterm and final conferences to discuss the teacher candidate’s midpoint progress and final formal summative evaluation
- Communicate with the mentor teacher on a regular basis to discuss and to help plan a schedule that meets the goals for assuming teaching duties
- Serve as liaison between Drexel University and the placement site
- Nurture a working relationship with the teacher candidate and mentor teacher at the start of the experience to establish guidelines, expectations, objectives, and goals that will inform the candidate’s success in the classroom
- Maintain all paperwork related to the teacher candidate’s file, submitting it at regular intervals to the Field Placement Office
- Attend an orientation and any professional development trainings and meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Current or previously held state issued professional teaching license
- Have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience on a state-issued teaching license
- Have demonstrated expertise and experience in staff development, mentoring, and supervising other teachers
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to maintain a flexible schedule to observe assigned Drexel candidates at their school locations
- Familiarity with Danielson’s Framework for Teaching and giving growth orientated and actionable feedback along each domain
- Commitment to serving a culturally and ethnically diverse student body
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend