Clinician, Internal Medicine
Job no: 498143
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Medicine
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel Medicine is looking for a clinician responsible for providing physician services including assessing and managing patients in an ambulatory outpatient office in Center City, Philadelphia, and providing education to third- and fourth-year Drexel University College of Medicine medical students who rotate through the practice. We have an attractive CME and vacation allowance, and excellent benefits. The selected applicant will join a current established and growing practice that boasts 8 doctors, one nurse practitioner, and one physician assistant. We believe in providing inclusive, quality, compassionate care to all our patients. We believe in teamwork and collegiality.
- Providing education to 3rd and 4th year Drexel University College of Medicine medical student that rotate through the practice.
- Working with the office manager and office staff to facilitate patient management.
- Following current and future Drexel Medicine Policies and Procedures.
- Following policies and procedures of CMS and other contracted payers.
- Independently assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients.
- Timely documentation of office visits and procedures using correct CPT and ICD 10 codes.
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic studies including labs and EKG.
- Appropriately requesting consultations and initiating referrals to other physicians including specialists and other healthcare providers.
- Participating in population health processes already established within the practice.
- Contributing towards the development and maintenance and optimization of existing tools geared toward population health and quality inclusive compassionate care.
- Encouraging educational growth of medical students who rotate through the office.
- Providing adequate supervision of, and serving as a clinical resource for Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant.
- Supporting the use of Electronic Health Records and other digital tools in the office.
- Promoting timely and compassionate communication with patients and families and members of the healthcare team regarding treatment.
- Promoting the professional growth of the practice.
- Participating in on-call responsibilities
- MD or DO degree
- 2 years post residency
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Must be Board-Certified within 2 years of residency completion
- Unrestricted license to practice within the commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Current DEA certificate without restriction
- Typically standing, walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
Center City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend