Assistant Clinical Professor - Creative Arts Therapy
Job no: 498319
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Creative Arts Therapies of Drexel University seeks a full-time (academic year, plus possible summer adjunct work) non-tenure-track faculty member. This position has primary responsibilities to the MA programs in the Department of Creative Arts Therapies (MA in Art Therapy and Counseling, MA in Music Therapy and Counseling, MA in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling), with a central focus on the counseling core curriculum for these programs, and involves both teaching and administrative duties. The Department of Creative Arts Therapies operates as an in-vivo, on-campus academic community, on the Drexel Philadelphia campus
Non-tenure track faculty members in the college have primary responsibility in the area of teaching, with a possible negotiated buyout for significant administrative roles, scholarship, and clinical work. The candidate for the position must evidence commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and critical pedagogy. Service to the department, college, university, and profession, and basic academic advisement of students, is expected as part of faculty work.
- Master’s Degree, Mental Health discipline
- 2 years experience
- An earned Masters degree in a mental health discipline.
- Must be prepared, through formal education and experience, to teach several courses in the core MA curriculum counseling content areas that are required for the PA LPC.
- Evidence of at least three years of successful teaching experience in a college or university setting, preferably with graduate students in counseling and creative arts therapies. Teaching must be of the highest caliber.
- Current license or license eligible in PA to engage in professional clinical practice and supervision.
- Documented record of or readiness for making professional-level contributions to the creative arts therapies and counseling at the national or regional level in scholarship, service, and/or leadership activities.
- Experience working with masters’ students in mental health therapy training venues or programs.
- Experience and interest in innovative teaching approaches with technology and distance education
- Experience and interest in the integration of diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and critical pedagogy into teaching presence, facilitation, and content of courses.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Leadership qualities and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on an academic team.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and the ability to learn new technology as needed to facilitate educational and advisory responsibilities.
- Doctoral degree in counseling or counseling education.
- Creative Arts Therapy credential (i.e., ATR-BC, BC-DMT, MT-BC) with authorization to engage in independent clinical practice and teach and supervise in the applicant’s CAT discipline
Typically sitting at a desk/table
Center City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applications will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend