Adjunct - Judaic Studies
Job no: 498365
Work type: Part-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Arts & Sciences
About the College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences (CoAS) delivers a time-honored liberal arts education paired with Drexel’s renowned focus on applied learning. Our research and scholarship explore contemporary issues with an eye toward improving the common good. With a breadth of disciplines in the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities, and a focus on the now, the College is the perfect home for curious scholars who seek to apply their learning in the service of humanity. Our undergraduate programs, Co-op experiences and Community-Based Learning courses give students a broad-based, hands-on education that prepares them to make an impact immediately. Our graduate programs take a rigorous yet practical approach to advancing knowledge. Our faculty members are dedicated teachers and gifted scholars who publish groundbreaking research on the world’s most pressing issues.
About the Jewish Studies Program
The Jewish Studies program offers twenty undergraduate courses that are cross-listed across several departments and colleges at Drexel. The program also offers the Louis Stein Minor in Jewish studies, giving students the opportunity to explore and understand the history, culture, politics, and religion of the Jewish people. Through interdisciplinary coursework, students investigate the Jewish experience from both a contemporary and a historical perspective.
The adjunct faculty member will employ a variety of strategies to foster student learning and discussions, as well as encourage active learning in all students, maintain proper course-related records, and evaluate student work and provide students with feedback as to the progress toward meeting the objectives of the course. Each adjunct faculty member is responsible for effectively teaching students in the assigned classroom or online. Responsibilities may include teaching days or evenings, with the potential for online only, in-person only, or a combination of both.
- Teach required number of credit hours per quarter based on contract.
- Provide a complete syllabus, determine relevant teaching resources ahead of the start of the course, and maintain a course Blackboard Learn site.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to teaching methodology, curriculum development, and evaluation.
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes.
- Schedule one office hour per week per class.
- Schedule administrative time for course preparation.
- Maintain communication with the program director regarding any course or student issues.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree or above in a related field, or demonstrated excellence in the area of study.
- At least one year of teaching experience at the college level and a commitment to teaching excellence
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume, cover letter, and two professional references, when submitting your application.
- Direct any questions to Henry Israeli (email@example.com).
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend