IT Support Specialist
Job no: 498424
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University
The IT Support Specialist provides tier 2 support to issues relating to computer accounts, Office 365, licensing, file permissions and general IT questions.
This position supports the current Identity Management Systems, Computer Accounts Management Service (CAMS) and the central mailing list services maintained by Information Resources and Technology; acts as the functional expert in CAMS and associated reporting tools to support provisioning and deprovisioning of computer accounts which are generated via Elucian Banner for employees and students at the University; understands the relationship and integration between the relevant University systems, and is the lead functional liaison between the technical experts within CTI and CES and end user departments; acts as the primary operational support for end user departments, including Colleges, Human Resources, Enrollment Management, and AIS; is responsible for handling help desk calls, desktop support, training co-ops, and providing customer walk-in support; identifies user needs and research procedures for accomplishing tasks; utilizes in-person or remote access for end-user computers, peripherals, new technologies, and configurations for Windows and Macintosh platforms; maintains computer and system security; and understands operation of computer networks and relationships among systems.
- Provide operational support for relevant functional users of Identity Management and Computer Accounts and related web-based applications
- Provide operational support to the mass mail distribution team and university-wide use of mass communications
- Provide detailed documentation as required for online help
- Oversee or participate in training for new users on the system functionality and audit capabilities when necessary
- Proactively supports end user departments and individuals in third-tier identity and computer accounts related problems, including but not limited to data mismatches, enterprise system data feeds, duplicate accounts, and account deletions
- Provide direct end user tier two support for problem solving with respect to complexities of accounts use, data errors relating to identity, access permissions and privileges, working closely with helpdesk team staff members
- Remain current with inter-relationship among applications and among system
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year of experience
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
- Lifting demands ≤ 25lbs
University City-Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend