Executive Director, Talent Management
Job no: 498611
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University
Located in the heart of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Drexel University is a world-class, comprehensive R1 research institution and a global leader in experiential education. Serving as the cornerstone of experiential learning at Drexel, our renowned cooperative education program, also known as co-op, enables students to gain up to 18 months of work experience and build an impressive résumé before they graduate that will set them apart from their peers. For more than 100 years, Drexel co-op has positioned students to learn directly from the experts and visionaries shaping the professional world. Our program partners with more than 1,700 employers from around the globe, ranging from Fortune 500 companies and emerging startups to innovative nonprofits and government agencies.
In addition, Drexel has committed to becoming the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics. Drexel supports engagement along three dimensions: research and academic programs that directly benefit communities, public service by students, faculty and staff, and business practices that support equitable local and regional economic development. Drexel’s engagement is long-term and multigenerational, and is fundamental to the University’s mission, heritage, and future.
The Executive Director of Talent Management is a key leadership role on the Human Resources Leadership Team responsible for developing, communicating, and executing a comprehensive talent strategy that supports and drives a high-performance culture at Drexel University. As the champion of the full talent life cycle, this role will evaluate, design (as needed), lead, and assist in all talent-related activities including talent management, talent acquisition, workforce planning, compliance, employee engagement, performance management, succession planning, and talent development.
- Create a Drexel Talent Management Roadmap and develop a sustainable strategy for talent management initiatives and programs, with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion and Drexel’s anti-racist strategy
- Integrate talent management practices across the entire employee life cycle. Partner with the HR Business Partners, Office of Equality and Diversity, and Drexel leadership on evaluating talent needs and provide innovative solutions
- Responsible for the oversight of Talent Acquisition recruitment practices, developing a sustainable strategy and achievable goals
- Formulate a plan to create diverse talent pools through ATS to support and strengthen Drexel’s workforce and create a framework that provides a clear view of talent supply and demand
- Provide recommendations on University’s talent needs with expanding ATS capabilities to align with talent management strategies
- Develop an employment brand for Drexel with a focus on being an employer of choice in the higher education employment market
- Leverage social media and various forms of technology to engage talent
Human Resources Management:
- Leverage knowledge of HR policies and procedures including federal laws and regulations pertaining to employment
- Assess performance management practices by managers in Drexel and provide strategic leadership and guidance for best practices and managerial accountability
- Collaborate on the build of the Drexel succession planning process and career path management strategies, identify gaps, create action plans where needed
- Oversee the development of top talent and high-potential programs which foster growth of key employees on the individual, team and organizational level
- Drive the development and delivery of training programs, resources, and tools that support the ongoing development of Drexel faculty and professional staff in the Drexel community
- Develop the strategy for HR analytics and reporting and work with team to create, manage, and maintain talent reporting metrics and analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of Drexel’s talent strategies. Metrics may include, turnover rates, vacancy rates, recruitment metrics, performance management ratings, and return on investment of talent initiatives
- Collaborate in creating a measure for employee engagement and internal and external customer satisfaction
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion elements and strategies are built into the work of all the units: Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Development
- Oversee a Talent Management team representing Talent Acquisition and Talent Development
- Effectively communicate a clear vision and direction for the team and set clear performance objectives for self and others
- Provide guidance and feedback to support knowledge and skill development within the team
- Establish an environment that enables staff to be innovative while effectively balancing risk and opportunity
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of progressive leadership and management with relevant experience in Human Resources and Talent Management.
- Record of success leading and managing in a complex multi-unit environment
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with a reputation for a having a proactive, practical, and pragmatic approach
- Demonstrated experience in driving talent innovation and process improvement that enables a business to meet its objectives
- Strong executive presence with ability to build credible, trusting relationships with members of the Drexel community, including senior leaders, managers, faculty, professional staff, and community partners
- Project management and organizational skills
- Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or Organizational Development strongly preferred.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
- Lifting demands ≤ 25lbs
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
University City- Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of P. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend