Assistant Research Professor
Job no: 498779
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
The Research Assistant Professor will work on machine learning projects in chemical affinity prediction, deep learning for genomics, covid19 tracking, pangenome analysis of microbial genomes and microbiomes, and machine learning of legal texts. The ideal candidate has an insatiable curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, enjoys teamwork, and is excited about the potential of machine learning to a variety of areas.
Drexel University’s College of Engineering strives to create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment. The College values inclusion as a core strength and an essential mission of our founder, A.J. Drexel’s mission of preparing each new generation of students for productive professional and civic lives while also focusing our collective expertise on solving society’s greatest problems.
- Assists in the conduct of research of significant value in the computational and basic science/engineering
- Work with large scale datasets to derive insights to improve our capabilities and our business
- Develop novel tools and methods for increasing our analytical capabilities
- Communicate both internally and externally to understand and document requirements.
- Plans, conducts research projects within the federal, institutional regulations and policies
- Collaborates with researchers, external agencies and institutions to develop cooperative research initiatives
- Reviews manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Assists with the submission of grant applications, contracts and research projects funding
- Participates in free discussion, research progress, and overall morale
- Heavily involved in supervising and training students at all levels for research
- PhD in Computational, Science, or Engineering Discipline
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree
- At least one year of technical expertise in machine learning (with at least one publication in the past year)
- Experience analyzing and manipulating large datasets in Python, R, or other languages
- A passion for improving people’s lives through machine learning
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Problem-focused and able to drive tasks to completion
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
University City- Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend