Chief of Staff, Men's Basketball
Job no: 498793
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Enrollment Management and Student Success
The primary functions of this position support the development of student-athletes on and off the court and while supporting the men’s basketball staff in program development initiatives. Those initiatives will include but not be limited to: short and long term program scheduling, coordination of advanced scouting for opponents, alumni engagement (on and off campus), assist staff in coordinating community engagement in West Philadelphia, student body engagement liaison with on campus organizations, NCAA permissible recruiting and on court coaching duties, Achieve Center liaison for staff w regularly scheduled meetings. Assist administration in appropriate navigation of potential NIL scenarios as this becomes part of the new landscape in college athletics. This position will also serve as a coordinator of non-traditional recruiting (current player retention program and monitoring NCAA transfer portal traffic) and lead coordinator for future game schedules.
This individual will also work under the guidance of the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and creating and maintaining staff organization and find best practices for program branding and efficiencies. The person who fills this position will travel with men's basketball team on away contests and assist in with team travel as part of their job responsibilities.
- Alumni Relations - Work with former players, alums on outreach opportunities as well as keeping them connected to the program.
- Roster Management - Assist with non-traditional recruiting (JUCO, NAIA, D-II, and D-III) within NCAA rules/guidelines. Also assist with the transfer portal.
- Assistant Coach Mindset - Lighten the load of the other coaches by helping with different strategies and scouting.
- On- Campus Relationships - Be the Men's Basketball point person for academics, housing, dining, and other administrative areas at the university.
- Scheduling - Assist the staff in scheduling games with other institutions, maximizing the opportunities presented to spread the Drexel Brand.
- Player Development - Work with student-athletes in film sessions, helping to minimize weaknesses and grow as players.
- In-Season Scouting - Scout opponents during the season to help the other assistant coaches in planning/preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience as a student-athlete, coach or administrator in the sport of basketball.
- Strong communication and administrative skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 8 years of experience working as a basketball assistant coach (D-I), experience coaching at the non-Division I level (D-II, D-III, NAIA, JUCO, High School) and/or experience in an administrative role.
- Desire to pursue a career in coaching.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
University City, Philadelphia PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend