Job no: 498909
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Computing and Informatics
The College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) is home to over 2,000 students and currently offers 5 undergraduate and 9 graduate programs plus several stackable certificate options and doctoral programs.
The role of the Academic Advisor is to advise current and prospective College of Computing & Informatics students related to academic policy, procedure, and progress toward degree. Perform advanced student service duties requiring broad experience, skill and knowledge of established academic policies and procedures.
- Advise CCI current and prospective students; counsel on curriculum issues, academic progress, and other related matters; advise students on college and university regulations and refer them to appropriate university resources
- Assist students with the registration process and resolve any problems they may encounter; maintain lines of communication with faculty, administration and students
- Manage active student files and maintain inactive file and archives file. Assist and advise in registration of students by tracking over enrolled, and under enrolled classes
- Pre-clear candidates for graduation, making sure all requirements for degree are met
- Attend student recruitment and retention events
- This includes evening and weekend work
- Other specific projects/duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive, recognize problems and offer solutions
- Great customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to handle confidential matters
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to complete projects and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with PCs and related software
Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City- Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend