Job no: 498945
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Dornsife School of Public Health
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Urban Health Collaborative, part of the Dornsife School of Public Health, Drexel University is a multi-disciplinary research center focused on improving health in cities. The UHC is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to develop, manage and execute communications and marketing strategy in support of the Collaborative’s mission and objectives. The Communications and Marketing Manager promotes on-brand messaging through digital, social media and traditional channels with the goal of raising awareness and promoting the UHC. This role is responsible for developing an annual communications and marketing plan to reach core constituents: researchers, practitioners, funders, faculty, staff, students and members of the public interested in engaging with the UHC. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams – within the UHC, the Dornsife School of Public Health and across Drexel University – to produce effective content promoting the Collaborative, its research, events and news.
The person in this role will be involved in strategy development, writing and graphic design related to communications activities of the UHC. The position requires creativity, versatility, diplomacy and mastery of the skills required for content creation. The Marketing and Communications Manager will also be responsible for designing, developing and disseminating research and policy briefs created at the UHC. The candidate should be collaborative and eager to learn new approaches to marketing and communications and be willing to experiment with new technologies. The position will collaborate and coordinate with DSPH and University communications staff and with any project specific communications staff to oversee all UHC communications activities.
- Develop and execute marketing and communications strategies, while maintaining consistent brand messaging for the UHC, as well as work that is consistent with the overall branding of the Dornsife School of Public Health.
- Create and maintain social media content and graphics, website content, promotional emails, monthly e-newsletters, and marketing materials including digital advertising and some print advertising such as fact sheets and brochures, viewbooks, and posters.
- Maintain an editorial calendar for the UHC website and monthly e-newsletter; solicit content from students, faculty, and staff. Produce the monthly e-newsletter and coordinate its release to all subscribers.
- Support UHC project teams’ marketing efforts through a content management system (CMS) and email marketing platform (Mailchimp).
- Lead all owned and shared media initiatives for UHC’s programs and events.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with University and DSPH staff. Advise UHC faculty, staff, researchers and students on strategies to communicate their projects/programs effectively to lay audiences.
- Collaborate on the editing of online projects and short form videos.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required in Marketing, Communications or a closely related field.
- 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Project management skills, ability to prioritize and complete a wide range of projects to specified deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication, and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated professional writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Experience with email marketing campaigns and e-newsletters (Mailchimp).
- Experience with updating and maintaining website content through a CMS (e.g. Sitecore).
- Knowledge of social media, both as a marketer and as a user.
- Experience with design and editing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva, Spark, etc.
- Use excellent judgment in understanding and effectively executing media aligned with our brand identity.
- Be accountable for attention to detail and for meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly master and use, social media listening, reporting, and scheduling and analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.)
- General understanding of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator) or willingness to learn independently.
- Experience with project management software (e.g., Smartsheet).
- Knowledge of or interest in urban public health
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend