Job no: 499562
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Enrollment Management and Student Success
Drexel's Student Health Center (SHC) cares for the students at Drexel University’s Colleges and Schools with a range of services in a confidential environment. The Center’s doctors, nurse practitioners, staff and other healthcare providers support the academic and social well-being of Drexel’s students. The SHC goal is to assist current students in developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle to their benefit throughout college and beyond.
The Nurse Practitioner plays a vital role in meeting with and assessing student-patients for the clinic to ensure quality medical care for all.
Provide clinical care and assess patients:
- Perform history and physical exams, complete medical assessments and documents in EPIC.
- Determine appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests needed, including mental health counseling.
- Review and interpret results of laboratory and diagnostic studies and collaborates with physician regarding identified concerns as indicated.
- Determine appropriate pharmacologic and other therapeutic interventions.
- Perform telephone triage for patient related concerns/issues.
- Identify medical conditions that require further evaluation by the physician or other specialists.
- Identify resources and coordinates referrals for patients requiring additional evaluation or services.
- Maintain current medical records for all patients and provide documentation of clinic visits.
- Provide ongoing assessment of medical, psychosocial, and educational needs for return visit patients.
- Define and prioritize patient and family needs and issues.
- Collaborate with other team members in formulating an appropriate plan of care for each patient.
- Plan interventions, when necessary, which are consistent with the needs and goals of the individual and with Program protocols.
- Make appropriate referrals for care to other agencies.
- Provide appropriate planning and teaching for patients and families as needed.
- Participate in Quality Assurance indicators as needed.
- Participate in multidisciplinary clinic meetings.
- Represent the clinic at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
Quality Patient Care:
- Participate or lead Continuous Quality Improvement Projects in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Follow established patient care protocols and standards, ensuring that all federal and State policies, regulations, and guidelines for patient care are met for safety, and infection control programs, including COVID-19.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of the institution and in accordance with Pennsylvania State Law Act 148.
- Communicate with the referring provider or specialist.
- Identify learning needs and develop methods for meeting goals.
- Maintain current knowledge base of primary care and student medicine through independent study, conference attendance, and participation in appropriate professional activities and organizations.
- Perform certain educational and research activities as dictated by needs of the clinic, opportunities afforded the clinic, and matching the skills and knowledge and qualifications of the NP.
- Maintain current certification(s).
- Conduct SHC clinic specific duties such as immunization clinic and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years in a primary care outpatient setting.
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Registered Nurse and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Must have a DEA license.
- Ability to be a competent clinician and a team player who is committed to improving medical and psychosocial outcomes for student patients.
- Ability to demonstrate good leadership skills and be able to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, community partners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to stand, walk
- Ability to stoop, crouch, bend
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of N. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend