Job no: 499577
Work type: Part-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Dr. Ebony White from the Department of Counseling and Family Therapy is looking for a part time Research Assistant to assist with various research projects. Currently, Dr. White has three grant-funded research projects. The first is developing an anti-racist curriculum for educators and employees in academic institutions to assist in creating equitable spaces for students, faculty, staff, administrators and other stakeholders. She also received a grant to explore the extent to which multicultural and social justice principles are embedded across the core curriculum of CACREP counseling programs. Finally, she received an NIH grant to examine the impact of a Mindfulness Based Intervention on racial trauma with individuals diagnosed with Opioid Use Disorder. Aside from her grant funded research, she also explores the impact of controlling images on Black women, the mental health beliefs and needs of the Black diaspora, and issues in transracial adoption. All of her research embeds social justice principles and seeks to fulfill an emancipatory research model in development by Dr. West-Olatunji.
This position will be based in Philadelphia and requires at least a 15 hour weekly commitment. The duties of this position are varied and suited to individuals looking to gain research experience for graduate programs in counseling, psychology, family therapy and related fields.
- Assist in marketing, recruitment, consenting, and assessment of participants for various projects
- Assist in managing IRB matters, internal audits, and reports to funding agencies
- Assist in data collection and analysis
- Administrative functions including: supervising volunteer staff, ordering supplies, duplicating and maintaining data collection packets, answering telephones and providing routine information to callers, maintain files and records according to office procedures, and schedule and coordinate meetings and facilities
- Assist in writing manuscripts and grants
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Public Health, Psychology, or related Field
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
The ideal candidate is someone interested in a wide-range of professional activities, is able to work independently, has good writing and organizational skill, and is collaborative and professional. The minimum educational requirement is a B.A./B.S. degree in psychology, public health, or related field and work experience in a research setting. The position begins immediately and requires a one-year commitment.
- Typically sitting at a desk;/table
Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
If you have any questions or concerns about this position, please contact Ebony White, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend