Administrative Coordinator I
Job no: 494375
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Enrollment Management and Student Success, Drexel University, Professional Staff
The Administrative Coordinator provides front line quality customer service for individuals and student organizations that enter the Student Organization Resource Center (SORC) and provides administrative support for the Student Organization Resource and Finance Office, Campus Engagement staff, and our Student Life Colleagues. This position shares financial responsibilities with the Assistant Director and the Student Organization Financial Advisor for all 300+ student organizations. This position is also responsible for the management of the daily functions of the SORC, including but not limited to overseeing front desk student staff. The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Assistant Director.
Student Staff Supervision:
- Supervise a student staff of 10-30 staff members, including student Resource Center Assistant Managers (RCAM) and Resource Center Assistant (RCA).
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation of student staff.
- Plan and participate in active staff development of student workers.
- Schedule and secure front desk coverage during the hours of operation of the Creese Student Center with the priority being Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm.
- Hold bi-weekly 1:1s with the RCAMs.
- Oversee the RCA lead systems for operating the SORC including but not limited to, package and mail inventory, resource checkout, receipt tracking/filing, and large scale printing.
- Provide administrative support to the Student Organization Resource Center Staff.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC), Graduate Student Association (GSA), and Drexel University policies and procedures.
- Answer phone inquiries, transfer calls, and take messages.
- Monitor all student organizations and commuter printing and process charge-backs.
- Manage and track keys that are available at the front desk.
- Check/Answer firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
- Keep inventory and monitor the use of SORC equipment and supplies.
- Maintain a positive and clean physical SORC environment.
- Courteously and professionally greet guests who enter the SORC.
- Attend regularly scheduled meeting with supervisor, as well as staff and departmental meetings, mandatory trainings, and other Division initiatives.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with record-keeping, budgetary activities and financial initiatives on a case by case basis.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Support the financial management of 300+ student organizations.
- Ensure financial paperwork is completed accurately, in a timely manner, forwarded to the appropriate parties, and filed accordingly.
- Review and process purchase requests submitted by student organizations, ensuring that proper cost centers and account codes are being used.
- Reconcile all credit card transaction made on department-issued credit card.
- Process all organizations financial deposits.
- Oversee Web*Financials password resets in conjunction with IRT.
- Prepare a yearly budget request on behalf of the Student Organization Resource Center.
- When appropriate, liaise on behalf of student organizations with Institutional Advancement, Procurement, General Accounting, Tax Office, and Accounts Payable.
- 1-2 years of experience in financial management or student employee supervision preferred.
- Strong financial management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with PC (Microsoft 365 suite including Excel, Word, Teams) and related software is a must.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Lifting demands < 25lbs
This position is classified as Non-exempt with a salary grade of H. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend