Director of Development, Athletics
Job no: 494385
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Athletics, Affinity Groups & Regional Development, The Director of Development, Athletics will serve as the unit head responsible for building a comprehensive school-based fund raising and alumni relations program for the department of athletics. The Director of Development, Athletics is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the department of athletics major gift pipeline, planned gift program, annual fund and all development operations.
- Serve as a front-line fundraising for athletics managing a portfolio of donors
- Responsible for strategy and planning of long-term athletic advancement priorities
- Work alongside the Assistant Vice President of Development and Director of Athletics to establish a top donor list to maximize Director of Athletics time and resources
- Work with coaches of all 18 sports to set funding priorities and assure maximum fundraising activity
- Serve as liaison to athletic department as well as other campus units in regard to athletic fundraising and engaging former student-athletes
- Responsible for major gift pipeline for athletics
- Oversight of athletics annual fund strategy working collaboratively with the Associate Director of Development and the Drexel Fund team
- Recruit new members to the Athletic Directors Circle, an advisory board designed to engage alumni with the department through philanthropy and volunteering
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including front-line fundraising experience.
- Preferred prior experience working in athletics advancement
- Preferred prior experience and knowledge of Institutional Advancement departments
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend