Faculty Educator - Health Advocacy Practicum course
Job no: 494522
Work type: Part-Time
Location: Other - See posting for details
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University, Faculty
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
This part-time (0.3 FTE) 12-month educator position with expertise in Behavioral Science will serve as thread leader, Behavioral Science and will participate in multiple M1 and M2 courses at the Tower Health/Reading campus of Drexel University College of Medicine.
DUCOM’s Foundations and Frontiers curriculum prepares students to provide humanistic care to a diverse population as an integral member of a health care team. The 18-month Foundations phase includes multidisciplinary, integrated basic and clinical science courses that utilize a combination of technology enhanced instructional formats to deliver course content as well as in-class team-centered instructional activities that extend and apply knowledge to clinical problems.
The course “Longitudinal Community Care Practicum” extends over the entirety of the 18-month Foundations phase and is the major platform for the acquisition of competencies in community health, health disparities, chronic care management, and interprofessional education.
Candidates must demonstrate willingness to contribute to multidisciplinary medical instruction in small group and large group settings and will also participate in small group Case Based Learning sessions.
The position will be filled at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor commensurate with experience and accomplishments in medical teaching.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of basic science educators and clinical faculty to develop and implement basic science content in an innovative and integrated medical education curriculum;
- Prepare and develop online educational resources in conjunction with other basic science educators;
- Participate in and design different types of active learning sessions including team-based learning;
- Identify, track and support students in academic difficulty within the course/thread;
- Facilitate case-based learning;
- Participate in mentoring and advising activities for medical students;
- Maintain a scholarly focus in education.
- MD/DO with expertise in community health, experience in interprofessional education preferred
- At least five years’ experience teaching in a graduate or medical education setting with evidence of effective teaching
- Demonstrated success in working well with faculty, administrators and students in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of education pedagogy, assessment, and trends in medical education.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for and commitment to medical student education.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend