Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Program Coordinator supports Drexel’s West Philadelphia Action for Early Learning Initiative (AFEL), primarily AFEL’s Alliance of Childcare Providers, to advance AFEL’s mission to improve the quality of early childhood education in the West Philadelphia Promise Zone. The position duties include working with the AFEL team to support the work of quality improvement, research, evaluation, data collection and family engagement.
Work closely with the Alliance Manager and the Alliance Program Coordinator to support the Alliance of Childcare Providers in continuous quality improvement efforts. Meet regularly with the Alliance Manager and work as a collaborative member of the Alliance team.
Work with Alliance team to implement assessments in provider sites.
Participate in trainings, as assigned, to maintain and grow professional development of ECE best practices.
Support Family Engagement efforts at the provider level, including implementing activities and events such as Science On the Go and Kindergarten Registration/Conquering Kindergarten. Work closely with the AFEL Outreach Team, including Family Ambassadors, to coordinate family engagement activities.
AFEL has robust data collection for its programs and assessments in Alliance programs and the Program Assistant will support the Data and Evaluation team to collect annual demographic forms, consent forms, teacher surveys, as well as answer questions from providers about evaluation efforts.
Create a recurring schedule to meet with providers to ensure family engagement and data collection is achieved.
Assist with the implementation of monthly Alliance meetings and designated Saturday trainings/workshops.
Ensure implementation of Social Emotional tools such as FLIP It and DECA at the provider level.
Support dissemination of information and referrals on Early Intervention among Alliance Providers.
- Bachelor's Degree, a minimum of 3 years work experience.
• Experience in childcare sector, previous experience in a childcare setting is preferred.
• Experience with civic, education, social service and non-profit organizations.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks, flexibility with managing changing priorities.
• Ability to work independently, to identify opportunities to streamline and simplify work – increasing efficiency in delivering program impact.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
• Customer service driven, with excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint and Google docs.
• Ability to attend some evening and Saturday meetings or events.
• Demonstrates a strong Interest in the mission, public sector and community work.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table.
Typically standing, walking.
Lifting demands 25 lbs
This position is classified as non exempt with a salary grade of l. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when submitting your application.