Assistant Dean, Student Affairs, DUCOM Tower Health Campus
Job no: 494797
Work type: Part-Time
Location: Other - See posting for details
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
In 2018, Drexel University College of Medicine (DUCOM) and Tower Health announced plans to jointly develop a regional medical campus in West Reading, Pennsylvania near the campus of Reading Hospital. The regional campus will provide all four years of instruction leading to the MD degree and will be operational for the 2021 – 2022 academic year. We are now recruiting for multiple faculty and staff level positions to support the operation of the new campus.
Today, with more than 1,100 medical students, Drexel University College of Medicine has one of the largest medical student enrollments of any private medical school in the nation. In addition, graduate students number more than 500, and the College is the academic partner in the education of some 550 medical residents. There are more than 700 clinical and basic science faculty, and more than 1,700 affiliate and volunteer faculty. Tower Health is a regional, integrated healthcare system that offers leading-edge compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people in southeastern Pennsylvania. Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; and a connected network of 2,000 physicians, specialists and providers across 65 convenient locations
The Assistant Dean, Student Affairs, DUCOM Campus at Tower Health, will lead student services, student advising and student promotions at the DUCOM Campus at Tower Health, working closely with the Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs, DUCOM. The selected candidate will be engaged with students in all phases of the process that leads to successful completion of the medical degree. In addition, the incumbent will be involved in career advising and mentoring students as they progress through the residency application and selection process.
This position will be appointed at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor commensurate with experience and accomplishments in medical teaching and is a 0.5 FTE, part time position. The expectation is that this will be a shared position with an education or clinical faculty role.
- Provide individual support and advising to students in the College of Medicine.
- Lead the coordination of student services at the DUCOM Campus at Tower Health.
- Supervise the Director of Student Affairs and Admissions on the DUCOM Campus at Tower Health, ensuring that student events (orientation, white coat ceremony, graduation) are smoothly executed.
- Serve as administrative liaison to the Student Promotions committees.
- Participate in career advising and student advising to the residency match, leading this process for the DUCOM Campus at Tower Health.
- Participate as a member of the Professionalism committee of DUCOM.
- Prepare Medical Student Performance Evaluations for senior medical students for the DUCOM Campus at Tower Health.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid and Bursar.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Academic Success and Student Mental Health services.
- Serve on admissions committee, curriculum committees’ ex-officio.
- Participate in ad hoc task forces as appropriate.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- MD/DO preferred, will consider a PhD or EdD
- Experience in a medical education setting, either in a dean’s office position or as a course director, clerkship director or residency training director
- Demonstrated success in working well with faculty, administrators and students in an educational environment
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend