Job no: 494829
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Arts & Sciences, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
A research technician position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Denise Garcia in the Department of Biology at Drexel University. Our laboratory is located on the University City campus, in the Papadakis Integrated Sciences Building. Our research program is focused on neuron-glial interactions, with an emphasis on understanding the cellular and molecular mechanisms of synaptic organization and plasticity. We use a combination of genetic, neuroanatomical and imaging of fixed and live tissue approaches in rodents. The position consists of both research and administrative work.
- Manage and maintain a moderately-sized transgenic mouse colony.
- Provide administrative support such as maintaining databases, ordering reagents and supplies, and general lab support and maintenance.
- Technical assistance with experiments such as the preparation of histological specimens, microscopy, and RNA extraction.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Major/Discipline of Neuroscience, Cell or Molecular Biology, or related field
- 1 year of previous experience working in a biomedical research laboratory
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and effective communication
- Highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- A private vehicle and ability to drive between the main campus in University City and Queen Lane campus
- Basic skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience handling mice while managing and maintaining a transgenic mouse colony
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as a team
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
This position is classified as non-exempt with a salary grade of F. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend