Job no: 494841
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Dornsife School of Public Health, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Assistant Director will provide support to Dr. Stephen Lankenau, Director, and Dr. Wei Du, Deputy Director of the Medical Cannabis Research Center (MCRC). The Assistant Director will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the MCRC. This will include managing two advisory boards: a scientific advisory board and a community advisory board. Organized, personable individual with vision needed to serve as Assistant Director of the new Medical Cannabis Research Center. The Assistant Director will also provide support to two large studies affiliated with the Center: a medical cannabis patient registry study and a clinical core. Additionally, the Assistant Director will help manage the awarding of pilot funding for medical cannabis research to faculty across Drexel University. Lastly, the Assistant Director will contribute to the development of new grant proposals and scientific manuscripts in the area of medical cannabis research.
- Manage a team of project staff and students.
- Organize and liaison with community and scientific advisory boards and provide vision for development and expansion of Medical Cannabis Research Center.
- Provide input for direction of patient registry study and clinical core focus on medical cannabis.
- Develop RFPs for pilot funding to be awarded to Drexel faculty and oversee disbursement of pilot funding awards to faculty. Document Center activities for interim and annual reports.
- Contribute to the development of new grant proposals and scientific manuscripts in the area of medical cannabis research.
- Master's Degree in Public Health or a related field.
- 1-3 years' of related experience.
- Data management and analytical skills required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Doctoral degree preferred in public health or behavior sciences preferred.
- Prior community outreach experience desired.
- Familiarity with medical cannabis research a plus.
- Excellent project and time management skills are expected.
- An understanding of both quantitative and qualitative methods is desired.
Add location of the position University City.
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of L. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend