Director, Grants Administration
Job no: 494848
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Director of Grants Administration is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day pre-award and post-award management of research grant and contracts. The Director of Grants Administration provides direction and leadership for ensuring timely submission of all grants and contracts and efficient post-award management. This person develops systems to manage budgets, personnel procedures, and performance metrics associated with sponsored projects and works with College faculty on all sponsored project needs. The Director of Grants serves as the senior staff liaison to the Drexel University Office of Research and Office of Research Accounting Services to address sponsored project business and systems related issues and represents the College at research staff-related University committee meetings. The Director of Grants Administration reports to the Associate Dean for Research.
- Independently manage pre-award, post-award, and all other administrative aspects of the College’s research program.
- Provide advanced or high-level pre-award and post-award grant support/management to individual faculty members with large research portfolios.
- Supervise the Grant Administrator who supports pre-award and post-award functions.
- Monitor university centrally based regulatory and compliance related research support functions (effort reporting, etc.).
- Coordinate internal research grant proposal process and tracking, including a monthly report.
- Coordinate completion of data requests from the Dean and the Associate Dean for Research.
- Effectively communicate with Drexel and sponsor contacts throughout the award/closeout to ensure all administrative tasks are completed and issues addressed as needed. Work to rectify deficits on sponsored funds and address invoicing issues.
- Represent CNHP on university-wide, research-related committees such as the University’s Research Administrators Advisory Committee (RAAC).
- Coordinate with CNHP Finance and Administration regarding issues and procedures that intersect both research and finance, such as projections and expenditure reporting, purchasing, hiring of personnel, consulting agreements, and other financial administration items.
- Report grant expenditures on a monthly basis to the Executive Director of Finance and Administration.
- Manage curation and updating of relevant documents on research policy and resources for grant submission.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five or more years of experience in sponsored research, academic environment, or equivalent setting.
- Expertise in both pre-award and post-award aspects of sponsored research in the health sciences, including NIH, NSF, and other major funders.
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and support personnel in the College and University.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office and related software, including databases, graphics programs, and NIH grant submission software. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Supervisory experience and experience with Hyperion or another data reporting tool is desirable.
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend