Job no: 494877
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Engineering, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Neural Circuit Engineering and Garcia Labs are seeking a postdoc interested in understanding how sensorimotor circuits develop
- Lead a project on circuit development
- Design and perform 2P microcopy experiments
- Analyze and disseminate data
- Perform additional wet-lab experiments
- Participate in and support multiple team projects
- Work with and train graduate and undergraduate students
- Perform all work following the highest research standards
- A PhD in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, Biology or a related discipline.
- At least 4 years of neuroscience or neuroengineering research experience.
- Experience with computational languages such as MATLAB and python.
- At least two years of imaging (confocal/2P/etc.) and image data analysis experience.
- A background in neural development
- A background in glia
- Experience with 2P microscopy
- Experience with Drosophila melanogaster and an understanding of Drosophila genetics
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend