Director of Student Services
Job no: 494892
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: School of Education, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Director of Student Services is responsible for the overall operation and management of the development, implementation, oversight and assessment of advising and support programs and practices to promote student success, increase retention, and improve time to degree completion. The Director is responsible for overseeing all staff members related to the quality of the student experience within the programs of Drexel School of Education. The Director will also oversee the Field Placement Office. In addition, the Director will create and sustain a lifelong positive relationship between SoE and alumni/other constituents through direct outreach, social media, program development, and events.
- Recruit, train and supervise Student Services professional staff, including Program Managers, Academic Advisors and Assistant Director for Field Placement.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Teacher Education programs and the Director, Assessment and Accreditation to construct, monitor and maintain a quality assurance system for all field experiences.
- Monitor team member performance to ensure professional staff are effectively nurturing admitted students through the early stages of enrollment, and supporting students through graduation.
- Monitor the effectiveness of advising communications and refine existing communication plans in partnership with relevant stakeholders to ensure students receive the information needed at the appropriate times and that the messages are clear, compelling, and motivating.
- Work collaboratively with Department Chairs to improve processes related to recruitment, enrollment, retention, programming and student support services.
- Interpret, explain, and propose college policies and procedures as related to the position and its constituency; participate in college strategic planning.
- Maintain knowledge of institutional information including admissions requirements, programs, course changes, deadlines, costs, college-wide initiatives and requirements, transfer requirements, and state and federal mandates.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience in higher education program management and advising or equivalent with progressively responsible administrative experience required.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience in academic support services.
- Experience in building or providing quality field placement experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated relationship building with multiple stakeholders such as students, faculty, staff and administrators is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to balance a fast-paced work environment while providing customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and problem de-escalation
- Additional experience in PK-12 education preferred.
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend