Job no: 494899
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: A.J. Drexel Autism Institute, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Data Analyst position will be based in the Life Course Outcomes research program at the A.J. Drexel Autism Institute (AJDAI). Founded in 2012, the AJDAI is a university-level research institute that applies public health science approaches to autism spectrum disorders.
- Lead, design and maintain all R-programming data analytical support for all research projects.
- Manage all R-related data infrastructures across multiple data sources, including Qualtrics, project data repositories, github, SPSS, ORA.
- Building digital based surveys in Qualtrics for social network data collection.
- Participate in grant submissions, including budget crafting, gathering and producing other grant related documents.
- Manage IRB processes.
- Participate in the production of data findings for the dissemination of research (publications, presentations, informatics).
- Maintain meticulous and well-organized records related to internal and external communications, project management, and all other aspects of the job.
- Refine procedures and policies for the planning and management of research projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of one year of working experience in data analysis or data science
- Fluent R-programming skills, familiarity with tidyverse (dplyr, purr, stringr, ggplot2) and social network packages (igraph, sna, statnet)
- Familiarity with SQL (app database) to write R-scripts
- Familiarity with APIs
- Familiarity with Qualtrics and SPSS
- Statistical knowledge with OLS regression, HLM, basic parametric tests
- Previous research experience
- Strong data organizational skills
- Social network analysis skills
- Familiarity with python
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
- Masters Degree or above in Social Science
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend