Administrative Coordinator II, Vice Dean at Reading Tower
Job no: 495028
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Other - See posting for details
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Vice Dean for the Tower campus of the Drexel University College of Medicine.
- Provide administrative support for the Vice Dean, DUCOM – Tower campus College of Medicine, maintaining task assignments and meeting deadlines; performing as a team player in projects to meet set goals
- Maintaining calendar for the Vice Dean including scheduling meetings and sending out Zoom video conference calling for meetings as directed
- 3. Maintain confidentiality of all matters related to faculty, staff and students
- 4. Obtaining and providing relevant information for scheduled appointments, including travel arrangements when needed, document preparation, letter writing, coordinating the preparation of meetings and events when needed
- 5. Meet and greet visitors, direct inquiries to appropriate personnel, schedule, attend, and take minutes for assigned committee meetings, and provide support in assigned project-based work.
- 6. Order and update office supplies, perform data entry, data collection, routine communications with faculty, staff and administration as directed by the Vice Dean
- 7. Reconcile p cards as directed by Vice Dean
- 8. Proctor exams when needed
- 9. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of experience in administrative support required
-The incumbent must be detail-oriented, able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to interact well with faculty, students and administration within the medical school and Tower Health.
-Ability to problem solve and multi-task with good judgment and ability to prioritize
-Excellent computer skills (MS suite) and writing skills (memos, minutes, letters, etc.) are expected
-Excellent written and oral communication skills.
-Knowledge of office practices and procedures; public contact techniques, operation of basic office equipment, data collection and compilation techniques, knowledge of document formatting techniques
-Proven ability to maintain strictest confidence
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend