Compliance Analyst, Compliance Program Services
Job no: 495750
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University’s Compliance Program Services department’s goal is to support the education and research mission of Drexel University by helping Drexel community members comply with laws, regulations, and University policies and standards. We are hiring a Compliance Analyst to support our growing Compliance Program. In compliance with health and safety laws and policies related to COVID-19, Compliance Program Services has been working remotely since March 2020. Interviews for this position will be conducted virtually.
Drexel University’s Compliance Program Services department’s goal is to support the education and research mission of Drexel University by helping Drexel community members comply with laws, regulations, and University policies and standards.
The primary role of the Compliance Analyst is to support the operational functions of the University's Compliance Program by assisting in the evaluation and management of compliance risks, development of standards, policies, and enterprise-wide procedures, and provision of guidance across the university on compliance issues.
- Assist with the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of Drexel University’s Compliance Program.
- Monitor Drexel’s Compliance inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) and respond to compliance requests.
- Assist with University compliance training plans and materials in accordance with applicable compliance policies.
- Oversee and maintain annual Compliance, Medicare and other required training for Drexel community members, including health care providers and clinical practices.
- Complete and assure annual Medicare First Tier, Downstream, and Related Entities (FDRs) attestations and other certifications for Drexel clinical practices.
- Perform and review monthly screening processes against federal and state sanction databases, ensuring system confirmations and associated follow ups, as necessary.
- Research industry compliance regulations and policies, working with colleagues of other universities to perform annual updates and reviews of University compliance policies and procedures.
- Monitor changes within the compliance landscape at a federal, state, and local level and provide insight into maintaining organizational compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director, Compliance Program Service and/or Vice President, University Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Compliance certification within 12 months of hire.
- The ability to see how various processes, policies and procedures interact with the whole (big picture thinking) as well as engage with projects at the micro level when necessary.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving and competence in resolving problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner; exercising discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively perform confidential compliance investigation tasks, including initial preparation of appropriate corrective action plans.
- Experience working in higher education and/or a complex organization a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and groups to plan, implement, and influence organizational change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin when a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend