Job no: 496275
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Remote, University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Office of the Provost
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) Analyst provides administrative assistance and expertise for the human subject protection program at Drexel. As a designated reviewer for the IRB, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing of applications; assisting investigators in developing their protocols and informed consent forms; preparing for and participating in full convened IRB meetings; and developing and delivering IRB-related training to the research community.
- Review of Applications:
- Conduct thorough review of IRB applications to ensure that federal and university requirements for application content and informed consent documents are met.
- Assure initial, continuing review and modification reviews of human research protocols are in accordance with Federal, HIPAA, State, local regulations, and university policies throughout the review process.
- Communicate with researchers and IRB contacts to ensure accuracy and compliance with IRB agreements and university policies.
- Use independent judgment in interpreting and applying relevant university policies and guidelines.
- Participates in resolving issues involving research ethics/compliance.
- Coordinate full board IRB meetings by formulating meeting agendas, recording meeting minutes, communicating, and corresponding with IRB Chair, IRB members as well as investigators and their staff.
- Coordinate and communicate with IRB members, investigators, and research coordinators.
- Customer Service:
- Serve as liaison to the public, faculty, IRB, ancillary University committees, and research staff concerning inquiries or complaints requiring interpretation of federal regulations and accreditation and IRB policies and procedures.
- Work with others to address critical issues, resolve problems, and persuade or influence toward appropriate resolution.
- Data Management/Reporting:
- Record compliance related activities and maintenance of IRB COEUS database.
- Manage the IRB COEUS database for the appropriate tracking of research projects and generating reports regarding research actions and activities.
- Serve as technical expert on the use of data management systems and the application process to support users.
- Identify and process requests for training and education.
- Prepare and deliver training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience; at least 5 years of experience in human research protection
- Basic level of proficiency regarding the submission of human subject’s research applications and informed consent documents to an Institutional Review Board (IRB) in compliance with federal regulations.
- Working level of proficiency identifying problems and obtaining resolution alternatives.
- Working level of proficiency processing information with good accuracy. Evidence of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Working level of proficiency in facilitating collaborative communication and working well with others in a professional environment.
- Working level of proficiency listening to feedback and adding value to customer interactions.
- Experience in writing correspondence to a federal regulatory agency.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
Remote/University City, Philadelphia, PA - hybrid work schedule
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend