Adjunct - Television Media Management
Job no: 496297
Work type: Part-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Westphal College of Media Arts & Design
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
About Antoinette Westphal Media Arts and Design / Cinema and Television Department
The Paul F. Harron Graduate Program in Television & Media Management prepares students to assess, manage, develop, and market across all platforms in the global television industry. Students gain a broad perspective on the industry and delve into topics ranging from programming, audience measurement, media systems and dynamics, and ethics and regulation.
The Drexel University Department of Cinema & Television in The Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design in Philadelphia is looking for an accomplished television & media management professional who is ready to pass on their accumulated knowledge to our eager, talented, and ambitious students. The Television & Media Management Graduate Program seeks applicants for adjunct, part-time positions in areas including:
Media Analytics and Research Methods
- TV Industry Structure, Dynamics and Leadership
- Production, Programming and Distribution Strategy
- Technology and Regulation
- Teach lecture, practicum, or capstone and thesis courses, as assigned, on campus or online per contract.
- Plan and provide instructional experiences that reflect an understanding of philosophy, objectives, and curriculum of the Television & Media Management Graduate Program.
- Evaluate student achievement of curriculum objectives/outcomes
- Maintain communication with program director regarding any course or student issues
- Mentor students in industry through industry networking and assist students with connections in the field
- Fluency with the current film and television industries
- Teaching experience and an advanced degree are desirable but not required
- Desire to share professional experience with Television & Media Management Graduate students
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend