Help Desk Services Manager
Job no: 496524
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Help Desk Services Manager oversees desktop support for faculty, staff, researchers, and students. Manages student employees to provide tier 1 services for laptop, desktop, and workstation support needs. Provides tier 2 services directly. Appropriately refers tier 3 issues to appropriate team members as needed. Provides timely and effective technical assistance for all Engineering computer systems, working directly with end users to resolve issues.
- Manages and coordinates setup of AV equipment in conference rooms for meetings, provides AV support as needed.
- Provides advanced Windows, MacOS, and Linux integration and troubleshooting.
- Manages warranty services and vendor service calls as needed.
- Oversees tier 1 support, and performs level 2 support via phone, walk-in, and ticketing system, and appropriately refers issues to tier 3.
- Oversees student workers to scale our team’s support bandwidth and capabilities.
- Manages spare parts inventory and item check-in/check-out via asset tracking systems.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of IT.
- Three years of experience in the IT field
- Acts collaboratively to provide timely and prompt turn around for users
- Uses excellent judgment when problem solving
- High degree of professionalism, initiative, integrity, urgency, and motivation
- Seeks out new responsibilities, generates new ideas, and practices self-development
- Clearly and effectively expresses ideas and thoughts (verbally and in writing)
- Must be an active listener
- Bachelor’s Degree
- IT Certifications
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend