Library Technology Systems Manager
Job no: 496721
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Office of the Provost
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Manager, Library Integrated Technology Systems provides managerial leadership in planning, implementing, and executing integrated library systems, applications and technology services that enable the Libraries’ efficient operations and effective strategic initiatives. The Manager builds and inspires effective teams within the Libraries’ matrix organization; directly supervises a team of technology specialists and serves as project manager for working groups that may include staff from across the Libraries’ programs and partners from other campus departments. The Manager works closely with campus technology units and external IT partners to coordinate, develop, and implement services, systems, and IT infrastructure.
- Manage and support the Libraries’ integrated technology systems, tools, and applications to ensure reliable systems usability, security, maintenance, and integrity.
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of applications, industry standards and products that support the Libraries’ integrated platforms for discovery, workflows, operations, and ethical dissemination of scholarly, archival, instructional information and research data resources to provide ongoing assessment, selection, adoption and technical integration of emerging library technologies and automated system.
- Manage client technology support operation and model project management framework.
- A Master's Degree in Information & Library Science or a directly related field is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience is required.
- Demonstrated successful experience integrating information technologies in libraries or other educational or research environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and best practices for information technology and library client services and support operations.
- Proven managerial leadership ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple and complex concurrent tasks and projects
- Demonstrated supervisory and mentoring ability to inspire, manage and evaluate individual and team performance and effectiveness
- Demonstrated high customer service, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and analytic skills to effectively communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to diverse audiences
- Evidence of involvement and contribution to the profession through service, presentations or publication
- Demonstrated self-directed learner
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and welcoming work environment in both physical and cyber spaces.
• Project management certification
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend