Job no: 496905
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions is seeking a Grants Administrator to coordinate all pre-award proposal development responsibilities for faculty applying to research grants and contracts. This position will administer all relevant post-award processes from award setup to close out for faculty engaged in intra- and extramural research. This position reports to the Director of Grants Administration for CNHP.
The Grants Administrator is the point of contact for faculty within their assigned portfolio, Office of Research, and Office of Research Accounting Services during the development and submission of sponsored project proposals and throughout the post-award cycle.
- Coordinate all proposal submissions for PIs within assigned portfolio, including meeting with the PI and their staff to discuss proposal development and responsibilities, drafting and finalizing budgets, completing paperwork, obtaining signatures, organizing and uploading all required documentation, and coordinating final submission in advance of internal and proposal deadlines.
- Communicate with co-investigators, key personnel, consultants, and partnering universities and community health care organizations regarding completion of the grant application (biosketches, letters of support, contracts).
- Administer and monitor all relevant post-award processes including award setup, budget structure, personnel labor distributions, subcontract setup, purchase orders, account reconciliation, effort reporting, cost transfers, invoice approval, annual reporting, modifications and amendments, close out paperwork.
- Administer and monitor personnel and purchasing activities with the PI including travel authorizations, credit card purchases, central purchasing transactions, invoice payments, expense reimbursements, and purchase orders.
- Monitor sub-awards for compliance, analyzing monthly financial reports, communicating with PI regarding financial progress and coordinating activities at the end of the budget period or project period.
- Ensure payroll distribution is correct for faculty, students, fellows and support staff on a bi-weekly basis and processes changes as needed.
- Ensure compliance in all areas related to grant and contract management, including sponsoring organization guidelines, internal protocols, conflicts of interest.
- Maintain ongoing updates and proactive communication for active grants and contracts, reporting to principal investigators on the financial status and any compliance issues. Provide relevant updates and reports to departmental leadership as needed.
- Assists PIs with effort report to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Assists PIs with submission of progress reports, just in time information or other agency requests such as budget revisions, compliance issues.
- Prepare reports (monthly or quarterly depending upon need and volume of principal investigator activity) to support the analysis of faculty workload, research buyout dollars, effort reporting, and facilities and administrative costs.
General administrative responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Research Committee (appointed by ADR).
- Provide administrative support for Dean’s Rapid Response Relevant Grants.
- Provide administrative support for CNHP Research Award.
- Coordinate requests and invoices for editorial services and biostatistical services with CNHP Finance and Administration department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience performing both pre-award and post-award grant administration on a variety of complex level grants and contracts including those from NIH, DOD, DOE, HHS, state, and local agencies.
- Broad knowledge of sponsored project administration and documentation including standard proposal requirements, terminology, budgets, subawards, biosketches, current and pending support, and other frequently requested documentation.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with faculty and staff, employ problem-solving skills, including experience researching and analyzing complex issues to develop accurate responses, identify valid solutions, forecast consequences of proposed action, and implement a course of action.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Grants.gov, ASSIST, eRA Commons, proposalCENTRAL, NIH RePORTER
Center City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend