Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions (CNHP) has more than a century long history of educating nurses and health professionals. Since 2002, the College has embraced the practical ingenuity of Drexel through the refinement and development of more than 25 undergraduate and graduate nursing and health professions programs characterized by the integration of learning and work through cooperative education, a culture of excellence, innovation and technology infusion, research and deep civic engagement. The College has grown to include more than 5,000 students, 200 full-time faculty and 104 staff. The College uniquely prepares clinicians to practice and lead in a rapidly changing healthcare system.
As a proven leader in education, CNHP is seeking the best talent to further our profession and College’s mission. The Department of Food and Hospitality Management is now accepting applications for future Adjunct Faculty positions for the 2022 fiscal year (July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022).
These applications are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the Department Chair when openings become available. Adjunct Faculty positions are on a term-by-term basis (four, ten-week terms).
Please note: this posting does not guarantee a currently open position.
Adjunct Food and Hospitality Management Faculty applications are being accepted for two general areas:
- Undergraduate classroom courses
- Graduate classroom courses
The Adjunct Faculty member will employ a variety of strategies to foster student learning and discussions, as well as encourage active learning in all students, maintain proper course-related records, evaluate student work and provide students with feedback as to the progress toward meeting the objectives of the course. Each Adjunct Faculty member is responsible for effectively teaching students in the assigned classroom and/or in the clinical, laboratory or online settings. Each Adjunct Faculty member is responsible for effectively implementing the Mission of the College of Nursing and Health Professions. Responsibilities may include teaching days, evenings, nights and weekends.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Teach required number of credit hours per term based on the respective Adjunct Faculty member’s contract.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the teaching of adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development and evaluation.
- Assist in the design, implementation and evaluation of the curriculum using a written plan.
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and clinical or laboratory experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives and curriculum of the Department of Nutrition Sciences and to the Nutrition profession.
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to Nutrition knowledge and practice.
- Schedule office hours each week for student availability, if applicable.
- Schedule administrative time for classroom, laboratory and/or clinical preparation.
- Maintain communication with the Course Chair (if applicable) and Department Chair regarding any course or student issues.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
To be considered for an Adjunct Faculty position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree and/or significant professional experience in the field of culinary arts or hospitality
- Demonstrated competence with required knowledge and skill of assigned content area
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education and the role of Educator
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other faculty members, as well as students
- Excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Ability to perform the requirements of the job description (listed above)
- Basic computer skills including, but not limited to: sending/receiving email; researching topics via the Web; attaching, sending and opening documents; participation in online chats; function in library databases
University City, Philadelphia, PA
Supplemental Posting Information:
The College of Nursing and Health Professions takes seriously its responsibility to ensuring its Adjunct Faculty are thoroughly prepared. As a requirement of employment, you must complete the following pre-class activities:
- Complete orientation with the Course Chair (if applicable) (approximately 2 hours)
- Complete required orientation to course content technology (Black Board) (approximately 2 hours)
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Only applicants who apply through Drexel Careers will be considered for employment.