Staff Psychologist, Diversity Specialist
Job no: 498423
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Enrollment Management and Student Success
This is a 12-month Counseling Center position. This position will provide direct client care to students through individual and group psychotherapy, initial consultations and triage, crisis intervention, and outreach as well as share on-call responsibilities with full-time staff. Additionally, this person will engage in consultation services; providing clinical supervision of doctoral interns and/or doctoral extern students and participate in general Student Life functions. This position will also coordinate diversity and inclusion services in the counseling center including collaborative care for diverse students and training of staff related to clinical considerations in working with clients identifying as diverse with regards to race, ethnicity, nationality, class, disability, religion, sexuality and gender.
- Providing culturally informed direct clinical services such as individual and group therapy, crisis intervention and same day brief assessments.
- Demonstrated commitment, skills and experience in diversity and inclusion programming and clinical expertise in working with traditionally underserved or minoritized populations.
- Serve as liaison to diversity focused offices throughout campus.
- Serving as a resource for diversity and inclusion work within the department and across the division including participation in ongoing cultural outreach efforts with other campus constituents and offices.
- Clinical supervision and training of doctoral interns and practicum clinicians.
- Participate on a limited backup coverage to contracted after-hours crisis support.
- Perform additional duties as assigned that may change.
- Collaboration and consultation with the training program in diversity training.
- Consultation with faculty, staff and parents/families (as appropriate) regarding mental health related concerns.
- PhD or Psy.D degree in Clinical or Counseling psychology or related field (LCSW, Professional Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapy) and completion of an APA-accredited internship.
- Minimum of one year of experience.
- Must have a PA license, be eligible to acquire one within the probationary period, or be a licensed mental health provider in a related area (Professional Counselor, Psychologist, Marriage and Family, LCSW, etc).
- Demonstrated commitment to working with the college populations, specifically those with multiple marginalized identities, international students, and experience working with non-traditional students.
- Strong generalist and culturally informed clinical skills to treat a range of presenting concerns, crisis intervention.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong generalist clinical skills including effectiveness in a time-limited, goal-focused treatment model.
- Skilled at developing outreach programs/workshops targeting needs of diverse socioeconomic, racial/ethnic, international, LGBTA+.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion practices within a system, team/ campus community.
- Pronounced commitment to student success.
- Ability to speak confidently and knowledgeably to students, faculty, staff, and administrators about multicultural issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated expertise in provision of culturally responsive clinical services.
- Experience providing supervision and training of doctoral level psychology students.
- Experience providing clinical care using teletherapy modalities.
- Experience in higher education mental health setting/ transferrable experience working with college students.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend